So long time no post! My last blog was my wedding anniversary last year… which is coming up again tomorrow…. so “wow, time has flown, oh I just don’t know where it goes, ugh life just been crazy” and all that… One major thing that happened recently that HAS turned our lives upside down (for the better) was the Arrival of our dear Elle girl, She’s perfect.. but thats a post for another time.. I will be popping up her birth story soon.
so after that brief and rather vague catch up I will proceed onto my experience with some gorgeous products by “The Beauty Chef”.
Finally a beauty product that is all about what is within.
Yes, not your usual speal about you needing to look younger than your adolescent daughter and ridding yourself of imperfections you’ve been told you apparently have, those lines… that gravity… thats just life baby – embrace it and be one with it.
I was lucky enough to trial a bottle of the ‘Collagen’ and a sweet little tub of ‘Sleep’ – AH-mazing, the Collagen is taken by the tablespoon in a glass of water and wow its delicious! so so easy to add into your daily routine – if your anything like me you’ll actually wake up craving It, its that good. this product is VEGAN, is bio fermented, probiotic rich and has vitamin C and Zinc for healthy hair, skin and nails.
I definitely saw a change in my skin after only a few weeks of taking it, it felt firmer, looked healthier more even toned and I even noticed my lips plumped – an unexpected but pleasant surprise. the other perk is that you will unintentionally up your hydration levels. every cup of water counts.
The ‘Sleep’ powder is also super yummy – think of a warm milk with spices, turmeric, cinnamon and honey cupped cosily in your hands an hour before bed time – this product is a broad spectrum probiotic , is anti inflammatory and aids in quality sleep; this is SO essential for inner health and beauty. Sleep is when your body needs you to rest so it can do all the work of detoxing, repairing and regenerating. As an adult you should be aiming for 7 – 9 hours of quality sleep, kids and teens actually need MORE. (you can also choose your preference of milks and sweeteners for this product to still qualify as vegan).
I found this miracle powder really caused a significant improvement with my sleep, I woke up feeling like my body was actually rested – with over a year of broken sleep this was an unusual feeling at first but was recognised and warmly greeted like bumping into an old best friend that had long since moved away.
I really do love everything about these products being that they’re plant based, an inner health probiotic and filled with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to improve your concerns by targeting the core of the issue rather than the symptom. whether its ageing, acne, dehydration or otherwise, generally this is your bodies way of trying communicate with you and tell you something needs to change. I also found my body received the ingredients much more willingly than when I take a simple multivite.. the probiotics improve the gut health so whatever you eat and drink is absorbed and used much more efficiently, thus having a cascade effect on your overall health and appearance. Below I will pop a list of simple everyday methods to take a little extra care of your skin and food for thought about the way we treat ourselves.
- Food, baby – yuh this is a big one… if you really want your outside to be beautiful and age well you really need to be putting in foods that are beautiful too, foods that are rich in everything your body needs to thrive…. I know I know.. you may think that after a long day the ease of a drive through Big Mac is beautiful but trust me sister, your body thinks otherwise. fill your incredible self with fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, legumes and lean grassfed meats if your that way inclined.
- Get moist – Ew , but totally got your attention right? HYDRATE! we are made up of 70% water yet some days I’ll openly admit I may have as little as one measly glass… this is not good friends, Our skin is our largest and laziest organ.. and when it comes to water the insides call dibs .. so your skin is the last area to receive that much needed water mantle, eg. my one glass has absolutely no affect on my skin what so ever.. somedays I’m a superstar and manage a good 3 litres; at work this is what I ask my clients to try and achieve . Try it and you will see amazing changes in your skin; being dehydrated will definitely accentuate ageing and even for a young person will dull and cause irritating changes to your skin (hey young’n you know those times your getting all dolled up for a night out on the town and your make up just will not apply properly or sit nicely? your most likely dehydrated).
- Sleep.. as I said above we need a good 7-9 hours for our bodies to complete the many tasks on its nightly to do list. It won’t only be those dark circles and puffy eyes that will thank you.
- Relax – something we adults all don’t do enough of, life has become this insane burn out gig, we’re a 24/7 generation that is needing to be taught how to STOP. Stress can cause so much trauma to the body, it knocks the immune system, will age you and can cause serious health issues and this isn’t even scratching the surface.. please start making time to slow yourself down, weather its a massage, a walk with no technology present, sitting in the park or on the beach with your favourite local brew (hot or cold) in hand. These are things we need to implement in to reconnect with our outside environment and even other human beings..
- Get it on… your skin, so I’m talking about skincare.. find a great spa with a skin scanner, this will allow any therapist a really deep look into your skin to observe its current behaviour.. this is where a therapist can help your skin with an in-spa treatment and take home products for the surface and underlying layers.. you do the inside work listed above – they worry about the outside.. but you must be willing to commit to see the changes your after. On a more playful note though… they do say that women who have relations 3 times + per week tend to age better … go figure.
- exercise – If its walking and yoga or your into HIIT and weights, exercise will dramatically improve the appearance of your skin. Getting all hot and sweaty causes extra blood flow nourishing the skin cells, excretion of toxins, balancing hormones and just to top it off you get a delightful wad of endorphins. Get it girl.
- SPF – Those UVA rays will age you like a mutha – lately I have become more wary of chemical sunblock, so I tend to find invisible zincs if possible.. currently I’m using Botanical Extracts clear zinc spf30 – get slip slop an a slapp’n.
So Pretty basic tips, but all together these simple staples work in conjunction and will create substantial changes for your skin.
Before signing off Just a little reminder, although I’m sure you know. The only beauty that really TRULY matters is that within your actions and words toward others and yourself.
As for “the beauty chef” products.. I one hundred percent recommend these.. Am I sold??.. YESS … will I order again? FO SURE, until next time friends.